Stage Manager for Mix It Up! Italian Style 2016
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is seeking Show Operations stage managers who are detail-oriented, highly motivated, and proactive. Our stage management positions fuse the fundamentals of theatrical stage management and company management practices, with responsibility to lead, supervise, and take ownership of the rehearsal process and subsequent daily operation of their assigned show venue or event product. This role manages multiple performances and/or multiple productions each day with a focus on maintaining show quality, developing and motivating their cast and crew, facilitating communication, and creating a harmonious work environment.
While working as a stage manager at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Elizabeth was responsible for the following:
- Area supervisor for the San Marco Theatre at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, located in the Busch Gardens Italy area.
- Stage Manager for "Mix It Up", located in the San Marco Theatre located in Busch Gardens Williamsburg's Italy area.
- Responsible for approving time cards for the performers of the "Mix It Up"
- Cast and technical team.
- Responsible for all performer and crew scheduling.
- Responsible for performer reblocks when ensemble members are absent.
- Worked closely with Brass, Percussion, and Visual Ensemble captains to run warm ups and touch up rehearsals.
- Responsible for calling all cues based upon audience reaction and visual ensemble work.
- Responsible for the creation of paperwork, rehearsal reports, and performance reports.
The New 42nd Street Studios Apprentice Program
Studio Operations Department Apprentice 2015
The Operations Department of The New 42nd Street is responsible for the day- to-day operations and long-term planning of 14 rehearsal studios and a blackbox theater (The Duke on 42nd Street). Apprentices in this department will be involved in all aspects of the Studio building operations. The bulk of duties will be administrative and office-related.
While working in Studio Operations, Elizabeth was responsible for the following:
- Creating renter badges for admission into The New 42nd Studios.
- Studio floor walk throughs. Checking that the studios are cleanly and all materials are accounted for.
- Upkeep of current broadway show excel spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of phone and transfer system throughout the New 42nd Street.
- Management of the 5th floor Studio Operations window. Providing renters with rental information, keys, mail, etc..
- Knowledge of floor rental spaces and google calendar.
- Email data entry for pervious renter requests.
- Helping with preparation for special events
- Ongoing research to ensure that the Studios are meeting the needs of the performing arts companies in the building.
- Some interaction with performing artists and stage managers.
- Helping to maintain current records of studio rentals, department expenses and equipment.